Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hanging on a Limb

There's that feeling you get when you put yourself out there to someone and wait with baited breath for a response. It's not that you expect it, but rather desire/hope that they do.

This place of vulnerability causes some to go into protection mode and they often will reject themselves before they allow another person to do it.

For me, trying to be friendly and engaging is as vulnerable as it gets. Don't get me wrong, I love people and want the best for them, I just have the social skills of 12-year-old boy that started playing by himself at recess, because people sucked so bad. With practice, patience, and humility , I will overcome this cycle/pattern.

I remain on the limb no matter how nervous I may get. Living from the heart is a challenge well worth the efforts.

Have a hard time like I do in this area? We can work on it together if you like.

Jay

No comments: