Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Where have you been, dude?

Well, I needed some time to rest and reevaluate what's important to me and who I would focus my attention on. I slept in on Sundays and went to the hot tub with Mindy. We had some very intense conversations about life and the pain that happens when you're involved with people. "People are people, so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully?" Thank you, Depeche Mode.

Grace is hard to give when you're hurt.

That being said, people really are just people, and love/grace covers a multitude of sins/shortcomings. Believe me, I have sinned against others and received grace from them.

It has taken about 2.5 years to learn what the Lord was throwing down on this iteration of insight. I'm slowly, but surely, opening back up to relational and pastoral opportunities. I've come to the conclusion that I am a pastor and always have been (I've been an Associate Pastor for two churches: Reno & 29 Palms). I came to strongly doubt this and questioned myself at the very core. The doubting is over. So, I will move forward as a pastor, no matter how it looks here on earth. I am open and willing. Word.

I currently attend Summit Christian Church with my lady clan. I haven't facilitated any Theophostic sessions in a couple of years. Mindy and I are doing well in our jobs. The girls are doing well in school. If you have any questions on why I left my last church or why I went off the grid, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Jay

No comments: