Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Loose Cannon

A sound mind makes for a robust body, but runaway emotions corrode the bones. (Proverbs 14:30 MSG)

After a single traumatic event, or repeated/perpetual abuse, a human's ability to look at most things begins to be terribly skewed. They've been told or perceived a pack of lies and they operate under them.

What are your triggers? Here's a list of mine that ruled my life for many years:
1. Anything said may cause me to believe that you've disrespected me.
2. When I felt poor or undeserving, I spent plastic money.
3. When I felt left out, I would pout and play mind games on the people that didn't involve me.
4. If my honesty was ever questioned (even when I was lying), I would see/feel red, blinding rage, and would either hit something or intimidate the questioner into submission (via mind games and intimidating posture). I could literally twist everything I'd done wrong and make the questioner feel like they were wrong and at fault. My ability to out-argue just about anyone was an abuse of a gift from God (critical thinking).

Take a look at the triggers that cause you to be a loose cannon. A great way to tell if you've been triggered is: you knee-jerk react by yelling harsh/hurtful things to loved ones and after you've cooled down, you realize that you've just behaved in an irrational manner. Typically, you have to say sorry a lot.

Wouldn't it be nice to get to the root of the problem and heal it there? How you're behaving now is just the smoke of the real fire/problem deep inside. I know Someone that gives truth right at the root and removes the lie/infection/poison and gives freedom.

If you are a loose cannon in any situation and would like some help, please feel free to contact me. I will listen, pray, and suggest practical and spiritual ways to work towards healing with Jesus. The renewing of the mind (the unscrewing of the screwy) causes a sound mind that brings freedom.

Unresolved issues/lies cause several health issues by the resentment that burns below.

My cell: 775-830-1764. Text or call.

Jay

No comments: