Thursday, May 23, 2013

Peace Stealers

For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:30 NLT)

This post comes on the heels of another attempt by the enemy to get me off track doing things that are not mine to do at this time. 

How did I know it was an attempt to sidetrack me? My burden became heavy and my peace was gradually stolen. The enemy is truly trying to derail us from our missions in life. 

How does the enemy sidetrack us? He uses lies, exaggeration, self-entitlement, self-promotion, false identities, dysfunctional relationships, insecurities, and the list goes on and on. In summation, he uses deception, as he is the father of lies. 

Peace does not mean lack of discomfort or difficulty. Peace comes from knowing exactly what The Lord has made us to do  in general and in season. 

Practical indicators of your peace being stolen: agitation, frustration, strife, making things happen on your own accord, forcing yourself into things, lack of patience, prematurely attempting to persuade others, and so on. 

Can you think of anything that may be stealing your peace?


Jay


No comments: