Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear Mom,

My heart longs for you. Oh, to be hugged by you. Your blue eyes and smile, positioned like a perfectly presented portrait, floats in my mind.

My heart moans with sadness that we've been apart for so long. Imperfect people trying to survive the best we could.

I so badly want to hear your voice and learn of what you've been up to and what makes you happy. Do you still plant flowers and drink lots of iced tea? Your love of flowers was passes to me and when I see them, I think of you, especially red roses and sunflowers. My favorite smell is honeysuckle.

At my house, Mindy carries on your salad and birthday cake recipes, because they taste amazing and in honor of you.

I have hurt for your hurts. You are the most giving/serving person I have ever known. So selfless and unassuming, I thank you for you being you. My heart continues to break for The loss of Dad and Paul. I still stand by my principles/decisions, but I greatly struggle with not having seen them before they passed.

Shall we push all the junk aside and start over? I don't know how it will look, but I'll be damned if I lose another family member without reconciliation.

What do you say? I love you very much.

JayBird

No comments: